Job title: Superintendent
Reports to: Project Manager, President, and CEO
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Location: 3208 Tazewell Pike, Knoxville, TN 37918
Date Prepared: 07/10/2018
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of construction from knowing and understanding drawings to scheduling and coordinating subcontractors, materials, suppliers, and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Study plans and specifications for buildings.
- Plan staffing requirements based on each phase of construction.
- Assemble all organizations involved at start of project.
- Responsible for scheduling and directing employees and subcontractors.
- Order procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times to conform to work schedules.
- Confer with project managers, engineer personnel, inspectors, and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve problems.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are being met.
- Responsible for payroll records, delivery tickets, writing field purchase orders, pay draws for masons.
- Responsible for weekly safety talks and safety talk sheets.
- Keep equipment (including truck and trailer) serviced and cleaned out.
- Go over pay requests wit architects.
- Minimize and resolve conflict among employees.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with the customer.
Supervisory Responsibility: Control the project and build on time
Must be able to read and understand drawings and specifications. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be safety conscious, and be able to resolve problems while working under pressure. Need to have a good communication and documentation skills. Must have some construction experience. All jobs at Creative Structures, Inc. require the willingness to cooperate with others and the ability to work well with others. It is every employee’s responsibility to pursue business development opportunities.
Working conditions (including number of hours worked per week):
Must be able to work 40-70 hours a week and sometimes on weekends if needed.
Physically able to climb ladders and scaffolding safely. Able to safely handle tools, equipment and materials as required by the project.
Please download, complete and email the application form to email@example.com.
Download Application Form